No, I have never been to Mongolia. This is the country I dream to visit, and now it is the perfect time to dream about traveling in general.
So, what is so special about that place?
1. Mystery. Only think about it, how many news have you heard about Mongolia? How many TV shows have mentioned this country? Exactly! In the era of technology and free information, we hardly know anything about Mongolia.
2. Authenticity. I watch every program about this country, if I can find it. It looks like, Mongolia is a rather reserved and authentic place. They respectfully keep up with their unique traditions and lifestyle: nomad life, cattle, yurtas.
3. Time-limit. As far as I heard, Mongolians are rather new to the Internet. This has good and bad sides. On one hand, we will see more pictures and videos from this marvelous country. On the other, gradually, international trends will take over, and the country might go away from its traditions, being tempted to be ‘like others’.
4. Landscapes. The pictures from Mongolia are breathtaking. Deserts look so different in summer and winter, and the temperature difference is significant.
5. Food. From the documentary I watched, the food is heavy and meaty in Mongolia. Such a gastronomic choice is determined by the climate. In winter, it can be a proper minus. As I absolutely love fat food and meat in particular, it is the right place to go and experience the local cuisine.
Where would you like to go? What is your dream place?