Here is the start! Two contradictory misconceptions on language learning.
Today I will discuss the 2 misconceptions on language learning that I hear frequently.
1. “Languages are not for me”. I met many people repeating this phrase over and over again. Wrong! Languages are for you, for me , and for anyone else. The “not for me” misconception is usually based on:
- Self-belief, which affects all our activities. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” -Henry Ford.
- Lack of desire to commit or simply lack of motivation.
- Unappropriated learning strategies. We have our unique way to learn, what works for one person, may not be suitable for another.
2. “There are magic tools, which will make me speak the language within a week”. There are definitely tools and practices, which assist our learning immensely. However, the main aspect is still COMMITMENT. You do need to make an effort to acquire vocabulary and understand the…
View original post 84 more words